SYMPTOMS OF PCOD/PCOS??
The three most common clinical features of PCOS are
Excess androgen production cause excess facial and body hair and acne),
Polycystic ovaries. presentation of PCOS varies widely.
Menstrual Abnormalities-Menstrual abnormalities are first sign.
Menstrual irregularities include oligomenorrhea (Bleeding that occurs at interval greater than 35 days or less then 9 days per years
Amenorrhea (an absence of menstruation for six months or more).
Excess Androgen Production- Overproduction of androgens Hormone (hyperandrogenism) Produce Male Hormone and Develops PCOD Symptoms
Hyperandrogenism produce excess body hair in a male distribution pattern. Normally in Healthy women androgens are produced mainly by the adrenal cortex, and by the ovaries. Normally women about 40% to 50% of the body’s testosterone, when this percentage is increase so developed ‘’MALE LIKE SYMPTOMS’’
Hair is commonly seen on the upper lip, on the chin,
around the nipples,
along the linea alba of the lower abdomen.
Some patients have male-pattern hair loss (androgenic alopecia)
Acne and seborrhea may also occur in PCOS.
Seborrhea is a common skin problem. It causes a red, itchy rash and white scales. When it affects the scalp, it is called “dandruff.”
Infertility and Miscarriages- Unable to produced Egg
Mood Disorders-such as depression and anxiety
Impaired quality of life-Fatigue.
• Sleep disturbances,
• Appetite changes and binge eating.
Genetic Factors-Role of genetic factors in the development of the disorder.
Role of Chronic Inflammation-PCOS is associated with a low-grade fever
PCOS and Sleep Apnea-Disruption of sleep
• Excessive daytime sleepiness,
• Somnolence (alternatively "sleepiness" or "drowsiness")
• impaired concentration during the day click to know Natural way to treat PCOD/PCOS in Home
In short PCOS Symptoms-
• No menstrual period, infrequent menses and/or irregular bleeding
• Infrequent or absent ovulation
• Increased levels of male hormones
• Infertility (number one symptom of PCOS)
• Cystic ovaries
• Enlarged ovaries
• Chronic pelvic pain
• Obesity or weight gain
• Insulin resistance (overproduction of insulin) and diabetes
• Abnormal lipid levels
• High blood pressure
• Excess body hair in unwanted places
• Baldness or thinning hair
• Acne/oily skin/seborrhea
• Depression or depression with anxiety click to know Homoeopathic medicine for PCOD/PCOS
HYPERTENSION is one of the common medical complications of PREGNANCY and contributes significantly to maternal and perinatal morbidity and mortality. Hypertension is a sign of an underlying pathology which may be pre-existing or appears for the first time during pregnancy.
Hypertension during pregnancy affects about 6-8% of pregnant women. Hypertension is responsible for...